- Contact Us
- Current Externs
- Educational Objectives
- Specific Externship Programs
- Faculty and Staff
- Legal Externship Handbook
- Office Hours
- Prospective Externs
- Search for a Supervising Attorney
- Supervising Attorney Information
Interested in supervising a University of Denver extern?
As a supervising attorney, you will help students establish, and then realize, learning goals through practical, hands on legal experience and plenty of constructive feedback. Sharing in your skills and knowledge is a valuable asset for students as they learn to make the transition from law student to lawyer.
How to Become A Supervising Attorney
- Have been licensed to practice law for at least 5 years
- Can provide a real-world environment for externs that is educational
- Have space to accommodate an extern in your office
- Can meet with the extern at least once per week to provide constructive feedback on performance
- Provide hands-on legal assignments to externs that are educational and will help them in their future career
- Are willing to keep filing, copying and other clerical/administrative duties to less than 10%
Then we invite you to complete a Supervising Attorney Application Form for the Legal Externship Program. Your information will be used for purposes of the Legal Externship Program only.
Now that I am a Supervising Attorney, how do I recruit an extern?
- Your contact information, provided on the Supervising Attorney Application, will be accessible to students through our Supervising Attorney Search Database located on our website. This website is password protected and provides an efficient way for students to search for externship opportunities.
Please note the Legal Externship Program does have deadlines for student registration. If you are interested in working with one of our students during the upcoming semester, our deadlines are as follows:
|Spring||Last day of Fall classes|
Throughout the semester, the Legal Externship Program sends weekly updates to students regarding externship opportunities. If you are interested in having a student extern in the upcoming semester and would like to be included in one of these updates, please email the Legal Externship Program at email@example.com.