- Current Students
- LLM Programs
- Master's Programs
- Apply for a Master's Program
- Master of Legal Studies
- Master of Legal Studies in Environmental and Natural Resources Law and Policy
- Master of Science in Legal Administration
- Master of Taxation
- Dual Degrees
- Certificates and Non-Degree Options
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us
Master of Taxation
This program is all tax. Class work is based directly on the Internal Revenue Code and Treasury Regulations. If you want the best tax education available anywhere, you have come to the right place. (If you are interested in another business degree, see the Daniels College of Business.)
We can call our program the best because there are competitions where students test their tax knowledge against teams from other schools. For example, teams from the Graduate Tax Program have reached the national finals of the ABA Law Student Tax Challenge each year since 2007, taking three of the top four spots two times, including in 2012. In the national tax challenge competition for accountants, sponsored most recently by Deloitte, our team placed first in graduate-level competition six times, second seven times, and third once. No other school even comes close to that record.
The Graduate Tax Program is one of the oldest and largest master’s program in taxation in the U.S. and one of the few where accountants and attorneys study side-by-side in the same classes. The Program offers you:
- Nothing but tax. All classes are in taxation and are taught using the Internal Revenue Code, Treasury Regulations, and other materials.
- Just one year of full-time study for the Master of Taxation degree. Part-time study and evening classes are also offered for working professionals.
- Excellent nationwide job placement due to on-campus recruiting and extensive nationwide networking.
- Financial assistance available (scholarships and loans)
- An enviable location in Denver, Colorado, one of the nation’s most dynamic cities and just minutes from the recreational opportunities of the Rocky Mountains.
- Can’t move to Denver? Earn your Master of Taxation online. High quality recordings of the actual classes make it seem like you are there in person.