April 28, 2013
Sunday, April 28, 2013 at 9:00am - 5:00pm
Location: Law 170
Info Session: April 11, 12:00 p.m. Room 180
Applications due at 11:55 p.m. April 21st!
What is the Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition?
• The LARGEST and MOST PRESTIGIOUS moot court competition in the WORLD!
• 1,000s of students, from over 500 law schools, in more than 80 countries!
• Each team prepares oral and written pleadings for both Applicant and Respondent for a fictional dispute before a simulated International Court of Justice (World Court of the United Nations).
What we are looking for in NEW TEAMMATES:
• NO KNOWLEDGE OF INTERNATIONAL LAW IS REQUIRED!!!
• Time Commitment: two nights a week for practices, and most of Winter Break.
• Decent public speaking ability, eager to learn, fun, and passionate!
How to Try-Out:
• Email: (1)Cover Letter, (2)Resume, (3)Writing Sample, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Jessup Application” by 11:55 p.m. on Sunday, April 21st
• Try-Outs will be held on Sunday, April 28th
◦ The try-out will consist of a 8 minute presentation on a topic to be emailed to applicants (no outside research will be required – only review of a small sampling of provided materials).
◦ This will be followed by a brief interview with the current Jessup Team.
◦ If absolutely necessary, the team will schedule alternate try-out dates if you are unavailable to tryout on Sunday, April 28th.
Questions? Please Ask or Email Us!!!
Brianna Evans (email@example.com) or Morgan Robinson (firstname.lastname@example.org)