For more information about the bar process including instructions, stress management techniques, and study tools, please click here.
Bar Exam Preparation Resources
Print Materials – Westminster Law Library
- Westminster Law Library: Level 3, KF303.H36 1997
- This book helps the reader get psyched up for the exam. Refer to it for sample study schedules and to overcoming negative thinking.
- Westminster Law Library: Level 3, KF303 .F67 1999
- Based on her personal experience, the author describes tactics and strategies for effective preparation for the bar. The advice is similar to what can be found online but goes into more depth. If you feel like the articles online are too simplistic or gloss over issues, this book may be helpful.
- Westminster Law Library: Level 3, KF303 .M64 2001
- This pocket-sized book is a comprehensive discussion of how to prepare for, survive and later reflect on the exam while maintaining your sanity. It was written by a licensed attorney and bar exam coach.
- Westminster Law Library: Level 3, KF303 .R54 2006, AAP Office
- Written to be used either as a textbook or for independent study, this book is an overview of the pre-bar review, bar review and the exam process. It provides checklists, exercises, reflection questions, and study tips.
- Westminster Law Library: Level 3, KF303 .I55, Fall 2006 (goes back to 1993)
- Bar exam questions from the Fall 2006 exam, Alaska, Connecticut and Michigan.
- Westminster Law Library: Level 2, Audio-Visual, KFC1876 .C64
- These are cassette tapes and some of the binders include outlines, notes, and forms etc. We have Administrative Law, Criminal Procedure, Secured Transactions, Criminal Law, Civil Procedure, Property, and Contracts, but Family Law, Con Law, Torts and Evidence are not on the shelf.
- Past bar exam questions through February 2008. Colorado essay questions only – there are no multi-state questions.
There are many places online offering bar exam preparation assistance. Here are some sources of advice that you might find useful:
- Internet Bar Exam Review: Tips »
- Bar Preparation »
- Passing the Bar by Professor Vernellia Randall »
- Legal Learning for Bar Candidates – Bar Exam by Carolyn Nygren »
- Bar Exam Advice from Howard U. Alumni »
- Tips in Video and HTML Text to Help you Prepare to Take the Bar Exam »
- Myths and Facts about the MBE »
- Bar Exam Preparation Essentials »
- Bar Exam Performance Tips »
Bar admissions organizations resources:
- ABA Admission to the Bar »
- Basic overview; MBE, MEE, MPT;
- Links to bar examiners
- Comprehensive Guide to Bar Admission Requirements 2007 – free download
- National Conference of Bar Examiners »
- Colorado Supreme Court – Board of Law Examiners »