To assist you with your employment related questions, we have an HR representative available for you at the law school. Please contact Valerie Campbell for assistance:
The steps in our adjunct hire process:
1. Background check – The University of Denver requires all new employees to complete a background check. All offers are contingent on a cleared background check. You will receive an e-mail from Hire Right that you are required to respond to authorize this process. This step should only take a few minutes of your time.
3. New Hire paperwork – Valerie Campbell will contact you with how to best fill out and return the following forms to HR.
- I-9 form for Homeland Security requires proof of identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. Please see page 5 of I-9 form for acceptable documents (DU will need to examine one document from List A OR examine one document from List B and one from List C): http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf
- W-4 form for IRS tax withholding.
- Authorization for Direct Deposit of Pay is optional, though highly encouraged. You can sign up through webCentral once you have your DU ID and passcode.
5. Online Profiles – The Sturm College of Law website includes a faculty directory. Included in this are profiles of our current Adjunct Faculty. Currently, not all our adjuncts have profiles uploaded. Profiles should include a photo, contact information, what you teach, if you use TWEN/Canvas, a link for your students and a bio. It can also include a CV, articles you have written and any other information that you would like to be available to the students to see.
If you would like to view the directory to see whether you have a profile, you can go through this link: http://www.law.du.edu/index.php/directory/adjunct-faculty