1. How many years have you been practicing law or if a judge, how many years have you been on the
bench (three years in total required)
2. Please check the fields that best describe the main areas of practice (up to 4) to which a practicum
student may be exposed:
3. Please provide a general description of the practicum work the student will perform?
4. What skills may the student expect to practice? Check as many as apply and add your own
categories as appropriate.
5. Please describe how you plan to supervise the practicum student with regard to orientation, guidance, and feedback relating to practicum work. Please note that
weekly communication with the student is required.
6. Please select whether the practicum student will perform practicum work:
at your worksite
If on campus, could the work be performed outside of normal business hours?
7. If the student will perform the work at your worksite, is the worksite located in a building that
meets the Americans with Disabilities guidelines?
8. How often would you be willing to undertake the supervision of a practicum student?
One time only
On an as needed basis
Each semester (including summer)
Other (please specify)
9. Please check all applicable boxes with regard to how the student should apply to complete the
practicum under your supervision and information to be submitted:
If different from Supervisor information, please provide the following in regards to applications for the
10. May we post this practicum position on our Public Interest Practicum web page? (available to DU
law students only - PASSWORD PROTECTED) Yes
Please note, supervisors listed on our web page have the greatest chance of being contacted by our students.
11. May we publish a "link" to your web page from our web page to give students additional
information about your organization? Yes
Web Page Address
12. By completing and signing this form, I understand and agree:
a) To provide a meaningful learning experience involving professional law-related work to a practicum student
under my supervision.
b) To communicate at least weekly, or as appropriate given the time structure of the practicum, with a practicum
student under my supervision to provide feedback, instruction, and guidance on practicum work.
c) To instruct a practicum student on confidentiality procedures and practices of my work setting and on any
other rules of professional responsibility of importance in this setting.
d) To evaluate and resolve potential professional conflicts of interest with each practicum student.
e) That, in addition to 50 hours of practicum work, a student must complete an online Practicum Seminar, submit
time sheets and a Student Evaluation of Practicum to the Public Interest Office but will be instructed to do so
in a manner that does not reveal any confidential or identifying information.
f) To review with a practicum student my Student Performance Evaluation at the end of the practicum and
submit the evaluation to the Public Interest Office by the given deadline. Such evaluation will be available for
the practicum student to review.
g) That the Public Interest Office may call me to discuss the practicum and the progress of my practicum student
and/or and to arrange an on-site visit in accordance with the ABA's accreditation standards for law schools.
h) To call the Public Interest Office if I have concerns or questions about the program or a practicum student.
i) Not to compensate a student for work done as part of a Public Interest Practicum.
j) Not to bill my clients (if any) for the time a student performs work as part of a Public Interest Practicum.
k) To maintain malpractice insurance coverage or confirm that I am immune from liability as a government
DU.edu | Contacts & Directions | Undergraduate Admission | Graduate Admission | Giving to DU | Jobs @ DU | News | Events | Directory | A-Z | Search
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution