Humanizing the Law School Experience
Depression and Anxiety
- Teresa K Brostoff , Meditation for Law Students: Mindfulness Practice as Experiential Learning, 41 L. & Psychol. Rev. _____(2017). [SSRN]
- Debra S. Austin, Drink Like a Lawyer: The Neuroscience of Substance Use and Its Impact on Cognitive Wellness, 15 Nev. L. J. 826 (2015) [SSRN]
- Debra S Austin, Killing Them Softly: Neuroscience Reveals How Brain Cells Die from Law School Stress and How Neural Self-Hacking Can Optimize Cognitive Performance, 59 Loy. L. Rev. 791 (2013) [SSRN]
- Heidi K. Brown, The Silent But Gifted Law Student: Transforming Anxious Public Speakers into Well-Rounded Advocates, 18 Leg. Writing 291 (2012).
- Heidi K. Brown, Empowering Law Students to Overcome Extreme Public Speaking Anxiety: Why Just Be It Works and Just Do It Doesnt, 53 Duquesne Law Review 182 (Winter 2015).
- Heidi K. Brown, Harness the Skills of the Introverted Lawyer, http://www.newyorklawjournal.com/id=1202764878620
- Peter H Huang, Tiger Cub Strikes Back: Memoirs of an Ex-Child Prodigy About Legal Education and Parenting, 1 British Journal of American Legal Studies 297-347 (2012) [SSRN]
- Peter H Huang, Happiness Studies and Legal Policy, 6 Annual Review of Law & Social Science 405-32 (2010) [SSRN]
- Peter H Huang, Happiness in Business or Law, 12(2) Transactions: Tennessee Journal of Business Law 153-72 (2011) [SSRN]
- Peter H Huang, How Improving Decision-Making and Mindfulness Can Improve Legal Ethics and Professionalism, 21 Journal of Law, Business and Ethics 35-76 (2015) [SSRN]
- Peter H Huang, Corie Rosen Felder, The Zombie Lawyer Apocalypse, 42 Pepperdine Law Review 727-72 (2015) [SSRN]
- Peter H Huang, Happiness 101 for Legal Scholars: Applying Happiness Research to Legal Policy, Ethics, Mindfulness, Negotiations, Legal Education, and Legal Practice, in Research Handbook on Behavioral Law and Economics (Kathryn Zeiler & Joshua C. Teitelbaum eds., forthcoming) [SSRN]
- Bridget A. Maloney, Distress Among the Legal Profession: What Law Schools Can Do About It, 15 Notre Dame J.L. Ethics & Pub. Pol'y 307 (2001)
- Patrick J. Schiltz, On Being a Happy, Healthy, and Ethical Member of an Unhappy, Unhealthy, and Unethical Profession, 52 Vand. L. Rev. 871 (1999)