International & Comparative Mining Law
Don Ewigleben is a mining lawyer at Holland & Hart LLP with over 30 years of experience in the mining industry leading executive and legal teams on matters of environmental, health and safety, sustainability, regulatory compliance and transactions including joint ventures/mergers & acquisitions.
- Served as CEO, President, counsel and Board Director for International Tower Hill Mines LTD.
- President, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer and a Director of Uranium Resources, Inc.
- Executive Officer – Law, Safety, Health & Environment, as well as, General Counsel for AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Executive Officer – Sustainability & Legal Affairs for AngloGold Ashanti in the Americas.
- President & CEO of AngloGold Ashanti North America Inc.
- President, Chief Administrative Officer and General Counsel of AngloGold Ashanti North America Inc.
- Vice President, and General Counsel and General Counsel of AngloGold Ashanti North America Inc.
- Vice President – Environmental and Public Affairs for Echo Bay Mines * Vice President – Environmental and Governmental Affairs for AMAX Gold.
- Environmental Counsel and Manager of Public & Environmental Affairs for AMAX Coal Industries.
Ewigleben’s practice regarding mergers & acquisitions, permitting strategies and advocacy before governmental agencies has allowed him to work on multiple exploration, development, construction, operating and reclamation projects in jurisdictions throughout North and South America along with similar properties in Russia, the Philippines, New Zealand and various African countries. He has extensive experience in Alaska, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas and Nevada having had the responsibility for the legal, environmental and public affairs teams that successfully permitted numerous facilities.
He has served on the Board of Directors for the National Mining Association, the Gold Institute, the Mining Association of Canada and was Chairman of the Colorado Mining Association. He has also been on the Boards of numerous other state and provincial coal and hard-rock mining associations and was a trustee of the Northwest Mining Association, the Eastern Mineral Law Foundation and the Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation.
A graduate of the Indiana University School of Law, he also holds Bachelor of Science degrees in American history, political science and music from Ball State University. Mr. Ewigleben is a member of the Colorado and American Bar Associations and is admitted to the practice of law in Colorado and Indiana.